This week Kevin and Paul talk with producer, writer, and director Heather Provost
Heather is a Tony, Drama Desk, Outer Critics Circle, and Drama League Award-nominated producer.
Critically acclaimed hits on Broadway include Reasons To Be Pretty by Neil LaBute (three Tony nominations including Best Play) and the musical [title of show] (Tony Nomination for Best Book of a Musical).
Heather also produced and co-directed the feature film Racing Colt.
She and writing partner Scott Damian most recently wrote A Joyous Christmas and Season for Love for Hallmark Channel.
She is the current Producing Artistic Director at The Colony Theatre in Burbank.
Highlights from this episode:
- Heather talks about her career starting as an actor and how her Mom helped to instill a spirit of courage and fearlessness
- Faking her way into a New York waitress job
- Making the move to L.A. and discovering her passion and talent for producing
- Taking the leap back to New York as a Broadway producer and landing a Tony nomination for her work
- Navigating a very difficult and challenging year in New York
- Tips as a writer. Serving the story. Focusing on what is going to make a script the best that it can be, and make it sellable.
- Organization is key for the writer (and artist)
- “The key to having it all is knowing that you already do.”
Additional show highlights:
- We’re now live streaming episodes on YouTube on Tuesday nights at 8pm.
- Vaudacity Network has crossed the 1K subscribers
- We read viewers comments from YouTube live stream, which includes unpacking some funny family dynamics in Kevin’s home
Find Heather Provost at