The trap of perfectionism can keep you from moving forward with your creative project. In this episode, Paul and Kevin talk about ways to get you out of creative paralysis.
Highlights from this episode:
- Criticism is extremely easy, creating is hard
- Even professionals like Bill Pope (Cinematographer “Baby Driver” “Matrix Trilogy”) can be self-critical.
- How to get out of being frozen creatively by doing a simple step.
- Doing “nerve-cited” work can also be a huge step forward.
- With that said, Kevin shares a project he’s been developing as an example of “practicing in public.”
Books mentioned in this episode:
Save the Cat by Blake Snyder
Rebel Without a Crew by Robert Rodriguez
Links from this episode:
Ira Glass on the Creative Process
Why Perfectionism is an Entrepreneur’s Worst Enemy
Social media handles Instagram and Facebook @paulcarganilla