Kevin and Paul speak with actress Rebecca Staab who has an extensive and impressive career.
Rebecca’s most recent work includes the Netflix comedy film “Love Hard” starring alongside Nina Dobrev. Rebecca also recently co-starred in the film “Breakthrough” alongside Chrissy Metz (This is Us), Topher Grace, Josh Lucas, and Mike Colter; as well as the film “The Miracle Season,” alongside William Hurt and Helen Hunt.
Rebecca’s TV credits include “Somewhere Between” for ABC, “The Chronicle Mysteries”, several top-rated Hallmark Channel films, as well as the award-winning shows Masters of Sex, Dexter, Glee, Fairly Legal, Criminal Minds, The Mentalist, CSI, CSI: NY, NCIS, and Nip/Tuck. Rebecca is also recognized from network classics Cheers, Seinfeld, Ellen, The Wonder Years, Columbo, Beverly Hills, 90210, and The Drew Carey Show, to name only a few.
Highlights from this episode:
- Kevin and Rebecca trade dental mishaps
- “The security of insecurity” – being prepared for the unexpected. Remaining neutrally sane no matter what comes your way.
- Kevin tells Rebecca continually throughout the episode how she is “the voice of God” to him that evening
- When little doors open, go through them. Taking advantage of the opportunities, no matter how small they are. The strength in being curious.
- “If I was going to do something, why wouldn’t I try to do it the best I could?”
- Having the mindset of being an ambassador for jobs she was hired on
- How she applied high school and college acting lessons to “create a picture and being visually interesting” in her professional work
- Rebecca talks about meeting Paul after seeing the “Guess Again” web series
- Booking her very first acting audition in the role of “Cecelia“ for the ABC Soap Opera “Loving”. She turned a role that was supposed to last only 6 episodes and turned it into a recurring character that remained on the show for 6 months
- She tells her story of being the original Sue Storm (The Invisible Girl) in the first feature film version of “The Fantastic Four” which was never released
- Her experiences working on Hallmark Christmas movies and The Chronicle Mysteries
- A balance of real life is a foundation for her career
- There’s no short way to do a creative career. It’s work, it’s dedication. Don’t take advantage of good things, because they end.
Rebecca’s IMDB https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0820847/
Guess Again series https://www.youtube.com/user/GuessAgainSeries/videos