Peter Atkins returns to Your Creative Journey!
We continue to explore some of Pete’s adventures as a writer in Hollywood as well as explore other creative topics that presented themselves as the evening proceeded
Always an incredible guest, and great conversation.
Peter is the author of the novels MORNINGSTAR, BIG THUNDER, and MOONTOWN, and the screenplays HELLRAISER II, HELLRAISER III, HELLRAISER IV, and WISHMASTER. His short fiction has appeared in such anthologies as THE MUSEUM OF HORRORS, DARK DELICACIES II, HELLBOUND HEARTS, and GHOSTS, and has been selected eight times for one or more of the various “Year’s Best” anthologies. His recent book, RUMORS OF THE MARVELOUS, a collection of his short fiction, was a finalist for the British Fantasy Award.
He is the co-founder with Glen Hirshberg of The Rolling Darkness Revue, an annual folly they commit at whatever theatre will have them.
Highlights from the show:
- Kevin meets a deadline
- Paul got to do a live table read via Zoom for his latest script
- Paul’s been prepping for New Year’s Eve show live recording
- Pete talks about the recent Tom Cruise outburst on the set of Mission Impossible 7
- Pete talks about how he got to reconnect with Tony Randel and do some music
- Pete and Kevin talked about the history of swear words
- Change of cultural references
- Pete gives a nod to producer Christopher Figg who took a chance with him on Hellraiser II
- Pete talks about “being good in the room” to make people comfortable with what needs to get
- Pete talks about how he grew up with the auteur theory of directors
- Good screenplays teach a writer three very important things: precision, clarity, and economy
- Rumors of the Marvelous book cover painting by Les Edwards
Tickets to Paul’s New Years Eve celebration