This week Paul and Kevin continue their discussion about how to prepare now for the new year.
Specifically, they talk about taking the necessary action to help move you out of your orbit (your patterns of old behavior).
It’s a challenging task and not one that can be easily solved by forcing yourself to do something new.
Highlights from this episode:
- Kevin discusses resistance he’s had in the past with asking for help
- Paul talks about taking the initiative to ask for help in their personal lives and not just rely on social media for responses
- The importance of reaching out to others
- The master creator is working on you. Sometimes with a painful chisel to reveal a beautiful piece of art.
- Kevin’s conversation with his high school counselor and realizing the change that was going to occur in his life
- How to negotiate with yourself and find “the cookie” that will motivate you
Videos and links referred to in this show:
Amanda Palmer Ted Talk “The Art of Asking”
“Habits of Effective Artists” Revisited by Andrew Price
The Scientific Way to Improve your Art FAST! – How to Practice and Remember Efficiently
12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos by Jordan Peterson