PLEASE NOTE: TONS OF EXTRA CONTENT WITH THIS EPISODE. SEE BELOW!!!!
Peter Atkins is the author of the novels MORNINGSTAR, BIG THUNDER, and MOONTOWN and the screenplays HELLRAISER II, HELLRAISER III, HELLRAISER IV, and WISHMASTER. His short fiction has appeared in such anthologies as THE MUSEUM OF HORRORS, DARK DELICACIES II, HELLBOUND HEARTS, and GHOSTS, and has been selected eight times for one or more of the various “Year’s Best” anthologies. His recent book, RUMORS OF THE MARVELOUS, a collection of his short fiction, was a finalist for the British Fantasy Award. He is the co-founder with Glen Hirshberg of The Rolling Darkness Revue, an annual folly they commit at whatever theatre will have them.
Highlights from this episode:
- Growing up in Post WW II England and the profound effect American movies, rock n’ roll and comic books had on Pete.
- Meeting Clive Barker and Doug Bradley as they started their theatre company Dog Company
- Pete’s rock n’ roll days with his band The Chase and the night they heard their song on the radio
- Tips for aspiring writers – do this because you love it
- The challenges a writer faces
Kevin Gregg Show expanded interviews with Pete from 2009
Kevin and Pete’s movie commentaries for famous Universal Horror Films available until Nov 1, 2020