In this episode, Paul and Kevin interview Kenny Landmon, an actor and director, who created a short film (“Dating Under Quarantine”) while under COVID-19 stay-at-home orders in Los Angeles.
Highlights from this episode:
- Kenny discusses the challenges of being under lockdown and how that affected the process of making a film.
- He talks about the experiences of remotely directing actors and collaborating with his editor and composer for the film while rushing to get the film completed before a festival deadline.
- The major feelings an artist experiences while working on a project: passion, procrastination, and fear.
- How “Home Alone” has been a huge inspiration for Kenny and this film
- At one point he had to meet a guy in an alley at night to get gear for his film.
- Kenny’s tenacity at finding the right people to help him with the post-production process.
A must listen episode for aspiring filmmakers.